I love chocolate chip cookies that I keep looking for good chocolate chip cookies recipe. I shared in my blog before on the chocolate chip cookies recipe that I used to bake since last year. I received lots of compliments on that chocolate chip cookies from my colleagues and friends. :) However, I am still searching for nice chocolate chip cookies that resembles Famous Amos cookies. I'm happy that I found it, from Wendy. :)
I baked again in whole lots for my friends and colleagues as Christmas gift this year and all of them love it! They said it is really taste like Famous Amos cookies. Even my hubby loves to munch them one after one while watching TV (he is not chocolatey person).
I am happy with this recipe and I am going to bake this again for CNY.
(recipe adapted from WendyinKK)
250g unsalted butter, room temperature I used SCS unsalted butter
200g brown sugar
1tsp salt I replaced with sea salt
2tsp vanilla essence
500g chocolate chips
2tsp baking powder
1. Line baking tray with parchment paper and pre-heat the oven to 180C.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs (one at a time), vanilla essence, salt and mix until well combined. This is wet mixture.
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder together. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. I used balloon whisk to mix them well. This is dry mixture.
5. Put the dry mixture into wet mixture and combined well using spatula.
6. Scoop 1tsp of cookie dough onto baking tray (line with parchment paper), leaving some space in between each cookie (they will spread!).
7. Bake at 180C for 15 mins.
8. Leave it cool completely before store them into airtight container.
I am submitting this post to Bake Along event, Chinese New Year cookies again. :)