I have been baking this recipe since end of last year as the recipe never fails me, and most importantly, everyone loves it! My little girl, kept asking one after one once it was out from oven. I have to stop her as it is very heaty to eat right after baked. So, I am going to share the chocolate chip cookies recipe today!
(yield about 24 cookies)
115g unsalted butter, soften at room temperature
115g caster sugar (I reduced to 110g)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extra
175g plain flour
175g plain or semisweet chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until the mixture turns pale and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg gradually. Mix well after each addition. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Sift the flour over the mixture, fold in with spatula or wooden spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking tray. Remember to leave some space between the cookies to allow for spreading. You can flatten each cookie dough slightly with the back of a fork, keeping the shape as even as possible. But I prefer uneven or rough texture cookie, so I just leave it like that.
6. Bake for 10 mins or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy baking! :)